Mulberry Milk Tea: A Healthy Summer Delight
Flavours for the summer solstice
This mulberry milk tea is a great recipe to have on hand for the summer solstice.
Plants thrive during this time. The yang energy reaches its peak, and it’s time to replenish the yin in the body and nourish our liver and kidneys. Mulberries are a perfect choice for this.
Mulberries have a delicious sweet and sour taste and are packed with nutrients. These fruits have been used in Chinese herbal medicine for thousands of years, helping people clear heat, dry dampness, and restrain excessive discharge of bodily fluids, such as heavy sweating.
In this recipe, we paired mulberries with refreshing green tea and yogurt for a delightful summer milk tea drink. Note, if you can’t find mulberries in the market, use blackberries instead. They also have many nutritional benefits and are excellent at this time of year.
Ingredients (2 cups) :
180 g black mulberries
120 g honey
400 ml green tea
1 tub plain yogurt
1 pinch salt
40 ml whipping cream
1. Leave the green tea in the fridge overnight.
2. Crush the mulberries, add honey, and stir well.
3. Add a pinch of salt to the whipping cream, then mix well.
4. Take a cup, pour in a layer of mulberry honey purée, add in ½ tub of yogurt, green tea, and another layer of mulberry purée. Repeat the process for the other cup.
5. Add the whipping cream on top and serve.