Rice and millet porridge has a rich taste. It nourishes the stomach and invigorates the spleen. Add in the delicious bonito broth and veggies, and the dish takes on an attractive colour and enticing aroma. Before you know it, this delicious, easy-to-make basmati rice dish is ready to serve.
Gold and Jade Basmati Rice with Vegetables and Nuts (serves 4）
200g basmati rice
1 clove garlic, pressed
30g pine nuts
5g bonito base powder
10g black sesame seeds
1½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon oil
1. Rinse the basmati rice and millet, soak for 1 hour.
2. Cut the carrot into ½ cm cubes.
3. Roast pine nuts on low heat, set aside.
4. Pour oil in pan, add pressed garlic, diced carrots and
peas, sauté until fragrant. Add water, bonito base
powder, salt. Bring to a boil.
5. Drain soaked rice and put in a pot.
6. Add the broth and vegetables from step 4.
7. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and pine nuts.
8. Heat on high until steaming, reduce to medium-low
heat, cook for 15 minutes.
9. Turn off the heat and cover for 20 minutes.
Discover more delicious recipes in our Food & Beverage section.