Share on facebook
Share on pinterest
Share on email
Estée Lauder

Cellular Network

An epigenetics breakthrough paves the way to combat skin aging in Estée Lauder's new serum.
Share on facebook
Share on pinterest
Share on email

The secret to battling skin aging may be hiding in our own microscopic skin cell molecules – and Estée Lauder is pioneering its discovery, with the Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Multi-Recovery Complex: an all-new serum that stimulates the skin to repair and rejuvenate itself.

The science of epigenetics has long determined that only around 25% of the aging process is predetermined by a person’s genetic a amakeup, with the remaining 75% believed to be influenced by environmental and lifestyle factors. In the early 2000s, researchers found that the pathways from these processes to changes in our skin were driven by special micro signaling molecules – small molecules responsible for communicating bodily responses to external influences.

Estée Lauder Dr.
Dr. Nadine Pernodet, Ph.D., Vice President, Global Research & Development – Skin Biology & Biogactives, The Estee Lauder Companies

The company’s scientists have spent the past seven years studying over 80 of these molecules present in skin cells in order to understand their role in aging. Finally, the research culminated in a breakthrough finding: identifying a specific molecule that plays a key role in the skin’s natural repair cycle by boosting collagen production, promoting cell renewal, and activating anti-aging pathways.

Estée Lauder
Dr. Paolo Sassone-Corsi, the director of the Center for Epigenetics and Metabolism and Donald Bren Professor at the University of California, Irvine.

The molecule natural levels decline with age; that’s where Estée Lauder’s revolutionary new technology comes in. Their patent-pending ChronoluxTM, a key component of the new serum, works to activate the molecule, powered by a blend of yeast extract and plant-derived ingredients. The formula supports the skin cell’s repair network at night, working with the skin’s own cycle; in clinical studies, one dropper was shown to plump and strengthen skin barriers with 72-hour hydration, and lines appeared reduced after three weeks of use.

Housed in a sleek apothecary-style glass bottle, the serum is free of mineral oils, sulfites, and parabens, and is suitable for all skin types; to be applied to clean skin before moisturizing.

Share on facebook
Share on pinterest
Share on email

Related Articles

Phoenix Reborn

Ancient feather marquetry kept alive by a French woman who stays true to her calling
Karen-Bit-Vejle-paper-art

Cutting Out Masterpieces

Discover the magical power of paper with Karen Bit Vejle, founder of the first Museum of Paper Art in Europe.

Join our newsletter

Suggested Searches